Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Prelude to My Alaska Adventure Video Montages

As I was snapping pictures and recording video footage of my Great Alaskan Adventure, I knew that I would be compiling my collection of memories in a video format. All the while, I knew that I must keep my ears tuned for the perfect musical accompaniment. And I found what I was looking for ...

While we were in Juneau, we had the pleasure of seeing the "Alaska String Band" perform atop Mount Roberts.

Paul and Melissa Zahasky and their three children - Laura, Quinn and Abigail make musical magic together. They play guitar, mandolin, fiddle, bass, duck as well as the vocals for the music you are about to hear on the videos that follow.

I was granted permission to use their music (I promised to properly acknowledge their band) and I would also like to pass along their website so that you can find out more information for yourself: www.alaskastringband.net

Watching and listening to the "Alaska String Band" was a delightful way to wind up our most perfect day in Juneau, Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment