Saturday, June 4, 2011

Whale Watching in Juneau, Alaska

My favorite Alaskan excursion was in the city of Juneau, Alaska.

Whale watching (and waiting) was the highlight of our Alaskan Adventures. I put this video montage together today and I was transported back in time.

A time where the world stands still, as you watch the vastness of the ocean. The exhilaration when you spot life in the water.

The tell tale fin. The exhalation of air from a whale. A seal's head poking in and out of the water. The curve of a whale's back. And the grand finale of them all ... the final 'flip' of the whale's tail as it goes for a deep dive. And then you wait.

What follows is a video montage of my favorite excursion of all.

The music which is playing in the background is "Simple Prayer" by the Alaska String Band. I had the pleasure of not only seeing them in person, but getting their personal authorization to play their music along with the Alaskan photo/video montages which I am compiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment