Friday, June 24, 2011

Words Unleashed

Surprisingly enough, every now and again the flow of words gets stuck somewhere in between my brain and my fingertips.

Sometimes I can't put my finger on what is causing the clog. Other times it is obvious.

Too much talking severely hampers my ability to write. The words stop flowing after supper. Tedious thoughts. Negativity. Unfinished business ...

Two days ago, I had nothing to say. Absolutely nothing (thus the post 'Your Voice'). I really, really wanted to 'hear' someone else that day.

I had a few notes that I wanted to write and the words had been idling in my brain. I hadn't put pen to paper and unleashed what I did (or didn't) have to say. It is the times when words are not enough, that the words get lost.

Yesterday morning ... I sat down and wrote those notes. After that, the words started falling out of me uncontrollably.

I wrote yesterday's post quickly and easily. The day prior, it took forever ... to write nothing.

Then ... I went to work.

The words started pinging around in my brain like a little super ball in an enclosed room. Ping! Ping! Ping! I grabbed a scrap of paper and started writing down all of the thoughts that had been unleashed.

~ The Inane Things That I Have Done Lately ~

~ I have been (unknowingly) washing my hair with conditioner for the last long while. I can't see the fine print on things without my glasses and I had been wondering why my shampoo didn't feel very sudsy. Until a few days ago, when I grabbed (what I thought was) the conditioner ... and voila! Suds galore.

I cannot begin to guess how long I've been shampooing without shampoo.

~ I feel like I should place a 'New Driver' sign in the back of my car window to explain the lack of ability to make good, safe and courteous driving decisions.

Ever since I got my new car, I have felt like a fish out of water (or a 16 year old, behind the wheel of their very first car). Driving has become a challenge as I reorientate myself with the new dimensions of the car and all of its gadgets. Ohmigosh. And do I have gadgets! I'm still wading through the manual ...

~ I need a new toilet to go with the seat that I bought for it. Our toilet seat should have been replaced many, many years ago.

I finally found myself wandering down the bathroom aisle (while I was on an emergency run for a plunger) and I thought I'd pick one up. I brought it home, 'installed' it ... noticed that it looked wrong ... and walked away.

It wasn't until I went to use it, that I realized my error. It is the wrong shape. It will work. It's just that it goes with a different shape of toilet. Returning a toilet seat feels like returning lingerie items. It seems to me, that it shouldn't be allowed. So I'll just have to wait until the toilet breaks down, so I can buy a toilet that goes with the new seat.

~ I was clapping My Youngest's shoes together outside. They had been coated with mud. Then dried. Vigorous smashing of the soles together removed the majority of the dirt. I did this as we were departing for school/work one morning.

One of the 'dirt pebbles' landed smack dab inside my top and got caught up in my 'underthings'. I shook the little piece of dirt free of where it was lodged, figuring that it would work its way out (not really making note of the fact that I had a camisole tucked into my waistband).

Later that afternoon, I had this annoying sharp thing poking me in my thigh-to-knee area. There was no way in the world that I could work my way 'up' from the bottom of my capris, to find out what was jabbing me. So I worked my way down (I work all alone in my attic space in a diesel shop warehouse, so I can do this if necessary). Lo and behold ...what did I find? But that little pebble of dirt. I sat down and was still feeling something sharp around my knee. More dirt.

I chuckled to myself as I thought of the long and winding road these little pellets of dirt made since that morning. They just couldn't make their way past my thighs ... and what if someone had been watching me as I went on my fishing expedition??

~ I walked out the door yesterday morning with my lunch and paper recycling. I know this. I have a visual memory of placing it on the doorstep as I locked the door. I put the recycling in its spot in the garage. When I went to grab my lunch ... it was not in its spot on the passenger seat of the car. Where was it?

Either the dogs were lunching on it (if I left it on the door step) ... or the ants were feasting on it (if I left it in the garage). All that I knew, is that there was no lunch for me yesterday.

It wasn't until I was home for a while, that I remembered to go and look for my lost lunch. No evidence of it in the backyard. I went to the recycling spot. Nothing. Hmmm. I rummaged through the bags of papers just a little bit and eventually found my lunch. Hiding behind some other recycling. What was I thinking yesterday morning???

That is just a bit of the inane that has been bouncing around in my mind the past few days.

Then there are the many items that I must act on. It is time to (yet again) push myself out of the thinking mode and into the doing mode.

My little scrap of paper has a little bit of everything written on it. Thoughts and words from all over the map. Highlighted on the top of my scribbles are the words:

"One unsent card/email clogged up the flow of words"
...
(or was it that 3rd cup of coffee that I had, when My Second Son's Girlfriend oh-so-generously brought me home a Tim Hortons coffee before I went to work???)

No comments:

Post a Comment