Friday, July 29, 2011

Friends in my Inbox

Life has gotten very, very quiet around here lately.

It is self induced. This much I know. I don't much like the thoughts that are swimming around in my head so I am hesitant to send off an email, pick up the phone or suggest getting together with people.

I am diligently keeping to my non-spending budget. There are numerous activities that have piqued my interest. But I keep telling myself "No!" This is cramping my style.

My Second Son and I have an easy rapport between us. Due to mutual stress levels that we are each facing in our own lives, the banter has declined to polite chit chat. We aren't chit chatters. We talk of stuff that is tangible and 'real'. It is very quiet within these walls at home without that sustaining conversation.

I didn't even have enough news to send my mom her weekly letter. I just about had to write a work of fiction so that I had something to send off by mid-week. She called last night due to the silence on this end. Neither of us had much new to report. So I suggested that we should go on an adventure together and create our own excitement. I think I heard a little bit of ''let me think on that for a bit'' in her voice.

What has been my saving grace?? Finding a friend in my Inbox first thing in the morning. I have had several emails scattered throughout the day/evening. But there is something unique about finding friendship greet me, as I greet the day. It has made the world of difference these past few mornings.

It has been a very long time since I've had a hard time getting up in the morning. I love mornings. I eagerly anticipate the day ahead and try to squeeze as much 'life' into the morning as I possibly can, before I must trudge off and face my responsibilities.

Not lately. I have (had) been utilizing that positive energy and directing it towards finding a new job. I needed to present the sunny side of myself towards my new life and goals. But my sunny side is overcast and gloomy these days. I am lost.

Then there are my friends.

I have a friend that is a cheer leader. She is full of energy and enthusiasm. She is contagious.

I 'found' my Anchorage friend awaiting me in my Inbox this morning. I was transported back in time to our recent visit.

I love that I can hear my friend's voices when they write. I can picture their expressions. I can see and hear the family members that they write of. I am not alone.

It really doesn't take much to make a person's day. Reach out and write/touch/call someone today. You'll never know what a difference you have made!

No comments:

Post a Comment