Tuesday, July 5, 2011

If I Follow This Road ...

Yesterday was one more day where I sat down with the realization that I am not where I am meant to be.

I am in a job where my desire to learn, work to my potential, achieve and organize my days in a fashion where I can accomplish a lot within the time frame I am given ... is being thwarted at every turn.

I feel defeated and beat up. I am done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is funny. My eyes are opening to the clues that I have been provided with. All I must do is follow the path that I am being drawn towards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our home town reunion. I lived and breathed family and community throughout the duration of the weekend. My heart and soul were nourished. I know that I will sit down and get busy on my dad's family memories and story within the week. I want to do this. I need to do this. I will do this. I will follow my heart and complete this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday morning, I had to wait one hour for an appointment. One hour. I haven't waited that long for an appointment since ... I can't remember when.

There were magazines to read. I didn't grab one. I chatted with the lady beside me. I sat still with my thoughts. And I waited.

Finally ... at the end of that hour, I did grab a magazine. What should I find on the cover when I finally picked up something to read? Zumba-inspired exercises. I flipped directly to the page and thought to myself: "It is that easy ... just look and you will find what you need to know to complete your Group Fitness class!"

Within five hours ... who should I run into? A girl from my Group Fitness class who has completed the final hurdle. What did she tell me? "Just do it!" I will. I must. This will open a door that I have voluntarily closed. It is time to finish what I started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An email from a friend with a job that she spotted online. I was busy and my head was full of other thoughts when I returned from the weekend and found her email. This morning? It came sharply into focus. At first glance, I didn't think that this would be the job for me (not a full time position). But after yesterday, I have reconsidered. Two jobs could work ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is time. Life is giving me a lot of clues as to the paths which are available. All I have to do is follow the road and see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment