Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Loose Ends

There is a lot of unfinished business racing around in my head right now. It is a wonderful place to be ... but it isn't terribly conducive to early morning writing. My thought processes are in a do and go mode, instead of a place where I sit back and reflect.

It is so exciting for me to look at the calendar and see months and months of empty spaces. I know that the days will be filled up as time goes along. But for the moment, I can see the horizon.

I see time and space to pursue that which I had only begun. I see the state of 'completion' in my future.

It's funny how much one can appreciate just how much one does have, when you open the door to look at other options. I am in that place right now. I am appreciating what I have instead of focusing on that which I lack. 

I've been here before. I am in a situation which is not all bad. If I focus on the positive, I could stay in this safe place and keep on trudging along. The reality, is that I am in a position which is slowly killing my spirit. I need to move myself out of the negativity and take a chance on something new.

It's one of those loose ends in my life that needs to be addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment