Saturday, July 30, 2011

Today ...

Today is the first day of the rest of my new life!!

After a week of second guessing myself, my decision, my future and my sanity ... I have arrived.

My last day of work was unceremonious, uncelebrated, uneventful and unworthy of much further conversation.

I did my absolute best to leave everything in as organized fashion as humanly possible. I left behind 16 pages of 'how-to' instructions and several 'cheat sheets' that I used throughout my work span. I tried to anticipate ways to make the next person's work a little easier.

I did as much as I could. I offered to help out during their transition - to help show a new person what I did or to help out with the monthly must-do items.

I tried. I truly and honestly tried. And I am done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I came home to find that my Second Son and his entourage (his Girlfriend and their two dogs) had camping plans for the weekend.

I hovered around as they made their way out the door. I eventually made some supper. Then I started to clean.

It all started by sweeping the back door step. With the dogs gone for the weekend, I could sweep the straw (from their dog house) off the back step and sidewalk to prevent it from continually making its way into the house.

That is where I began.

I ended after the entire house felt fresh, clean, dusted, organized and ready to begin a new life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I awoke this morning to a brand new world.

The house feels fresh and happy. My heart is full of anticipation. My stress levels are zero.

I have a job interview in one hour. It is not the-job-of-my-dreams. It is a job which could prove to be a most excellent way to transition into the life that I want to build.

I don't need, want or expect my expectations to be met immediately. I know that I have to walk the long walk, to get where I want to go. I plan to enjoy the scenery along the way. It is my hope that my destination simply becomes the arrival of new hopes and dreams.

Today ... is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment