Monday, August 22, 2011

A Job With Benefits!

My New Job could very well be the best thing that has happened to me in a while ...

It is a 15 minute walk to work. A five minute drive. It's not hard to do the math. I am walking to work. Rain or shine, sleet or snow. I am walking!

The wear and tear on the car ... the gas that I'll save ... the exercise that I will get!! Wow! I feel like I've won a lottery. Lucky, lucky me!!

I have a one hour lunch. It takes 15 minutes to walk home and 15 minutes to walk back. I have exactly one half hour to tend to my needs. Just the right amount of time to find something to eat ... and eat it.

Leftovers will get eaten! I have no time to over-eat! It will be a mini-workout in the middle of the day!

I am moving again! I have walked a grand total of two days. My contract is until March 30th, so I have seven months to turn this into a habit.

It has been 13 years since I had a job with benefits. This side benefit isn't even one that is written into the contract. It is simply an unexpected bonus.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I am beyond blessed. I know it. I appreciate it. I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment