Thursday, August 18, 2011

Time For a Change

I am sick and tired of thinking, living, writing and dealing with all of the work-life issues that have been scrolling through my brain, into my fingers and onto this blog.

I feel like I have become a poster child for negativity. It seems that I find drama at every turn. I am attracting negative situations to my life and it must end.

The phone rang last night and I just knew that it would be my mom. I thought that she would most likely be checking in, to see how things are going at my new job. Mind you, most people that I know are tip toeing around the work issue and most have said something to the effect of, "I'll check in with you in a week or so".

I have said enough. People are tired of the drama. It is time to skip past the beginning and fast forward to the middle of the story.

Anyway ... it was not my mom that was calling. It was my dance instructor. Ahhh ... what a great diversion. To think, talk and dream of dancing.

I took a hiatus from dancing over the summer due to finances. It was the right decision. But wrong. Wrong in so many ways.

Wrong - because that one, half hour dance lesson is a vacation from life.

When you are consumed with what your feet, arms, body and frame are doing, you don't have time to think about anything else.

Laughter and light hearted conversation dominates everything else once I walk through the dance studio doors. Surrounded by people of like mind, there is a camaraderie that transforms the world within those walls.

One-on-one instruction is a luxury that I have indulged in, over the course of my years at the dance studio. My instructor has danced me through every stage of my learning curve and knows me. If I am a slow learner, he has disguised the fact well. His patience, humor and kindness have gently molded me into a better dancer than I was when I began.

Real life takes a back seat during that lesson.

It is time to let my day-to-day life take a back seat on a regular basis. The time has come to rejoin the land of dancing ... the land of breathing ... laughing ... moving and grooving. It is time to sign up for those regular weekly lessons of joy and laughter.

It is time for a change. It is time to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment