Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Good Day ... A Very Good Day!

For the first time in a long, long time ... I can say with all honesty "It was a very good day!"

What went right?

Snippets of conversations with co-workers. I made someone smile. I learned something new about a few people. I felt like I made a small difference in the day of one student. I worked in a different office this afternoon. A lucky coincidence put me together with two other new-to-this-school employees and we had a refreshing conversation about some of our growing pains.

I walked home and felt ... happy.

I feel like I have made it through the worst. I am still going to go and talk with someone to gather some strategies so that I don't continue to perpetuate some of the negativity I have been experiencing lately. But I will be walking into that appointment with a mission and a determination to succeed (instead of a powerless, weeping soul).

I have not felt this good for a long, long time. I have definitely had moments of happiness ... but I think it is safe to say that work has not been the catalyst to any joy that I have felt (for longer than I care to dwell on).

Yesterday I came home depleted ... but not defeated. I stood up for myself. It was a small matter ... but it made a huge difference.

I believe the tides are changing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment