Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Endings

"I always wanted a happy ending ...
Now I've learned, the hard way,
that some poems don't rhyme,
and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end.
Life is about not knowing, having to change,
taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next.
Delicious ambiguity."
~ Gilda Radner

Life throws us a lot of curve balls. There are many forks in the road. You make one decision and it has the ability to alter your life forever.

But really ... one decision doesn't change the final outcome. The more chances you take, the more options you find.

Travelling down the same familiar road has the potential to limit our view of the endless possibilities.

What I am learning is ... 

If I find myself on a dead end road, it is better to turn back and find an alternate route.

If that road isn't what I thought it would be, keep moving forward. All the while, looking far enough ahead to have time to consider the side roads.

Enjoy the view along the way. It is not about the destination ... it is the journey. Find the way to make the most of your journey.

I don't believe in happy endings with childlike innocense any more. The ability to continue to make new beginnings is my happy ending.

I don't want to look into a crystal ball and know what the future holds.  "Delicious ambiguity" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment