Sunday, September 4, 2011

You Can't Have It Both Ways

I miss my rut. I miss feeling like I'm in my place of comfort. I miss being in my groove. I miss knowing the answers or at least the ability to know where to find them.

I have been lamenting a lot (too much) lately that I do not enjoy this state of transition. The state where I feel like I know 'nothing'.

This morning ... I read this quote:

"You can get sympathy or you can get better but you can’t get both.
You can be in your comfort zone or you can have growth, but you can’t have both.
You can be interested or you can be sold-out-committed, but you can’t entertain both.
You can have excuses or have results, but you can’t do both.
Choose the path that develops your visceral fortitude."

- Mario Cortes
 
To attain growth, I must step out of my comfort zone. I am on the right track! This feels too darned uncomfortable to be anything but 'right'.

No comments:

Post a Comment