Friday, December 2, 2011

An Uncomfortable Week

This past week wasn't fun. But now that I'm on the tail end of it, looking backwards ... it was okay.

My adaptability skills were taxed to the max. From last minute changes, to finding work-around solutions when I ran into walls, to being tossed into brand new situations without assistance, to learning a new realm of 'skills' ... I'm still standing at the end of it all.

I didn't have the oomph to push myself out the door in the evenings. One night was enough. The second night could have been better, but I didn't have it in me to try. There was a Zumba Master Class Wednesday night, with my favorite Zumba-couple. But I didn't commit myself. So I didn't go. I even slept through my regularly scheduled group dance classes last night.

I wasted utilized a lot of time in the middle of the night, fretting about mapping out the upcoming day. I had run through the upcoming scenarios of the day enough times in my head before the day began, that it was like a trial run. So the reality went fairly well (after practising how it would go in the wee hours of the morning).

The first week, of my three week position is behind me. Next week will be better. By the time the third week comes around I may actually feel a small bit comfortable in this temporary role.

Only to have to start over all over again at the next school(s) that I will be assigned to.

This experience is teaching me something that I need to know. Flexibility, adaptability, the ability to think on my feet and utilize my reasoning and problem solving powers to their max.

I'm learning as I go. I'm still standing. I'm still trying. As much as I feel like throwing my hands in the air and giving up, I feel pretty good about wading through the discomfort.

Coming out the other end of an uncomfortable week, I feel a tiny bit like 'Rocky' after he took a beating in the ring, but picked himself up and wouldn't quit.

It is weeks (months) like these that build one's character. I must have needed a lot of rebuilding, because the lessons just keep on coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment