Friday, January 6, 2012

Freefalling Thoughts

I cannot seem to make my thoughts stop in one place long enough to focus on any isolated topic this morning, so I shall let my fingers free fall over the keyboard and see what they have to say ...

~ Health. It feels good to feel good this morning! I realized that I was not exaggerating how yucky my stomach felt, until it started feeling normal again. The weirdest thing of all? I am not craving junk food. I want real food. Turns out my stomach is smarter than my brain. ~

~ Money. The uncertainty of income this month has me focusing a lot of energy on the my state of finances. This is a temporary phase. I must adhere to my limitations. Each and every time I reign in my spending according to the current budget restraints, I am rewarded in some fashion. It may be a small thing. One time, I was short 30 some dollars to cover some bills. I received a completely unexpected cheque in the mail for around 30 dollars. It it is as if the universe is encouraging me. This too, shall pass .... ~

~ Work. It is tough jump starting into work-mode, mid way through the day. I have appreciated the mornings off, but I haven't worked up the momentum to put in an effective afternoon at work. The good news? I am working at schools that I have worked at before, so I am not completely lost. It could be worse. I could be putting in those partial days, where I haven't a clue what I am doing or where things are at. This temporary state will help me appreciate new opportunities at 'places unknown'. ~

~ Email. Where would I be without it? I have the feeling that friends and family are at my fingertips. I can send off a message any time of the day or night, knowing that I am not interrupting any one's life. That freedom has given me the greatest gift of all. The gift of keeping in touch and feeling connected. Long distance phone plans offer the same gift. The world is at my fingertips ... and it doesn't cost one (extra) penny to simply feel connected to friends and family. What a great consolation that is, during this budget-conscious month! ~

~ TV ... or lack thereof. It turns out that I can't completely tune out my television addiction. When I wasn't feeling well, the TV lulled me into a serene state of sleepfulness. Last night, I was elated when I realized it was Thursday night and 'my shows' were on! Could I stay awake for two consecutive hours in front of the TV? No. But I had fun trying. I watched '3rd Rock From the Sun' before I got out of bed this morning (it wasn't necessary to get up at 5:30, so I allowed myself the luxury of staying in bed a little longer and watched TV). Harry was addicted to TV on this particular episode. Dick turned off the television and told him (something to the effect of) "TV is not the reason we came to earth!" Harry replied with a pout, "But it is the reason we stayed!" ~

 ~ Making the most of a day. My Middle Son is working at a job that is 'paying the bills'. He isn't terribly enamored over his days but accepts that this is where he must be for now. He has told the company that he works for, that he would be happy to take the out-of-town runs. To be paid for a drive outside of the city is not a bad gig. It doesn't happen all of the time, but he makes the most of it when it does. Today? He has a job just outside of Mom's City. He will be done work in time to take her out for supper and stay overnight at her B & C (Bed & Coffee). That is a treat in and of itself. But to add to the pleasure, my Son's Girlfriend works in a job where she has managed to have these days off as well, so she can join him for this little road trip. A regular, ordinary work-day turned special! ~

Now I must go make the most of this day, myself. May you also find a way to turn the mundane into something special today.

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment