Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hope Springs Eternal

Hope is peeking its head out from under the winter snow. I glimpsed it a short while ago but it backed down under cover and has remained illusive ever since. Dare I hope?

I am not certain. Maybe it is rejection masked within the context. It isn't a 'no'. But it isn't a 'yes' either.

At this very moment I need to feel hopeful. I need to feel that daring to venture where I have never gone before may have a small payback.

Yes. I will hope. Yes, I will tread gently and carefully and see if I can make something come of nothing.

It is impossible to contain the flutter of excitement that is stirring. It is small. It is almost nothing. In fact, it is a little bit of 'working for nothing'. But I think it is a step in the right direction.

I am faced in the direction that I want to go. I must simply take forward steps. And maybe ... just maybe ... I can.

"Once you choose hope, anything's possible."
~Christopher Reeve

No comments:

Post a Comment