Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spender's Remorse

With great restraint, comes a time of great spending. After doing so well, for so long I fell off the wagon.

Oh! I held back and bought no-name verses brand-name granola bars. I found the best deal on printer paper. I turned around and walked away from many, many other temptations.

My shopping trip ended up feeling like a scavenger hunt as searched the city (okay, six stores) for the hard-to-find-items on my growing list of 'little things' that were piling up. It became a game.

The more places I stopped, the less tempted I became. By the time I left the last store and headed for home I was spent. In more ways than one.

I indulged myself in a few things that I wanted, but did not need. I picked up breakfast-for-one and had myself a small little party after my morning foray.

I added up the money I saved by finding a lower cost replica of what I was going to buy anyway. I put many, many items back on the shelves. It wasn't hard to restrain myself. Most of the time.

The budget is starting to feel a little scary. Something must change. Soon.

Yesterday's spending binge was a tiny bit frightening. It was a reality check. The outgo is exceeding the income. I need to know that March is going to be a better month ...

No comments:

Post a Comment