Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Three R's

I believe that it is safe to say that I will be on unofficial holidays for the next week, as the schools have closed their doors for a much anticipated February Break.

I should be able to actually relax and enjoy this time off, since it does not come as a surprise. I do not anticipate living in that twilight zone of not knowing which way my day will turn, as the phone dictates my day at the last moment. Knowing that, means that I go into this week armed with the knowledge that this will be (yet another) an unpaid holiday. So I will spend accordingly.

I armed myself with Readin'; (w)Ritin'; and (a)Rithmetic assignments which will not cost a penny (that hasn't already been spent) and has the ability to occupy my time off.

Reading - I bought the book "11 22 63" - by Stephen King last week. I opened the cover Monday evening and I was hooked. I sat down with the half read (it is 842 pages) book at 7:00 yesterday morning. I finished it shortly before 7:00 last night. My mind vacationed back and forth between 1958 to present for the past week and I didn't even have to pack a suitcase. It was quite a ride ...

Writing - Before I sat down to read yesterday morning, I pulled out the box which contains my notes, maps and reference materials that I have collected over the course of the past three years. It is time to devote my time and energy to finishing that which I started. I have already done a lot of the leg work. All that is left is the brain work. With little or no distractions, I believe that I could move mountains this upcoming week ...

Arithmetic - Tax season will soon be upon us. The tax program that I purchased on Monday will help me assist a handful of other tax payers (family members) complete their tax return for the year. That one is a no-brainer once all the papers are in. It's almost fun. The best part (for me) is that I am quite certain that I should be receiving a tax refund which will offset the shortages in my budget for the past few months.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I am headed toward that light.

February Break = Three R's = Readin', Ritin' & Rithmetic

Easter Break = Two R's = Rest & Relaxation ... that is, if I accomplish what I set out to do this week.

It's time to get crackin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment