Friday, March 9, 2012

Little Things ... They All Add Up

I am just a tiny bit elated this morning. I wouldn't appreciate this sensation if every day felt this way.

This past week has not been one of my better ones. No real reason. Little things, added up may be the best way to sum it up. The dawn of another Friday which will propel me forward into the weekend is a very good place to start.

I had a most exceptional day at work yesterday. No real reason. Just little things, all added up to a very good day. I like days like that.

I came home and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I visited with a few friends on the phone. We chatted about life in general. Nothing big. Just little things, that added up to some most enjoyable conversations.

We made some tentative plans. We have something to look forward to. Something on the horizon. Nothing big. Just little things made special because you are spending time with a good friend.

Suddenly the balance that I have been craving all week is shifting back to a state where work and stressful thinking doesn't trump all that is good in my life. It didn't take much. Just little things ... to get me back to where I wanted to be all along.

We wouldn't appreciate what we have if we didn't have to work a little to attain it. Weeks like this are good for us. Just keep looking towards the horizon. Savor the little things, because they all add up.

Happy Weekend, Everyone!!!

Seize the day,
Seize whatever you can ...
Because life slips away just like hourglass sand.
~ Carolyn Arends 

No comments:

Post a Comment