Thursday, April 19, 2012

Benchmarks

Benchmark - "A standard by which something can be measured or judged"

The benefit of writing things down is that you have a record of where you have been, the road you travelled and where you are at. As you go through the motions of life sometimes you forget how far you have come because the evolution is so gradual.

Often I look back and discover the origin of an idea that grew. A wistful thought that became a dream and a dream that became a reality. Small goals that became something bigger than they were when they started.

I begin to recognize patterns. Cycles that I seem to keep repeating. Same lessons, different people and scenarios. Life keeps presenting itself to me in different fashions until I learn what I need to know and move on.

I remember where I was. I look at where I am. I reflect upon the learning curve that has evolved. And I try, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment