Saturday, April 28, 2012

'What I Have' vs 'What I Need'

I used to have so much to say here. Lately, it has been a struggle. It feels like I am running out of words.

In reality, there are no fewer words, thoughts or ideas than there have ever been. It is a matter of having the ability to speak them aloud and bounce them off of people.

I have a lot of social interaction in my days. Work. Home. Friends. Family.

My mornings aren't long enough any more. My days are full. I can't stay awake long enough in the evenings to cocoon myself in that quiet place that I enjoy.

And now I must venture out of a life that already feels too busy and make myself available to work evenings and weekends. This is not the goal I had set out for myself when I changed career paths.

What will I have left at the end of a day when my day becomes longer than I want it to be?

I feel greedy. I don't want to give up the time that I have left over at the end of my days. But I don't see another answer.

I have added a dimension that I need into my life. Friends and family. I don't want to lose what I have. Earning enough to pay the bills must be a priority.

Marrying for money is one alternative ...

... I guess I'll have to keep working.

No comments:

Post a Comment