Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Little Compliment Goes a Long Way

Someone took the time out of their day to seek me out and thank me for a compliment that I had made earlier in the day. "No one ever says that" she told me ...

A clerk in a store and I had a deep and meaningful conversation as I paid for my goods one day, about the power of a compliment. She said as women, we are continually putting ourselves down and very critical of ourselves and our appearance. So she said that she has made it a habit to sincerely compliment people whenever she can.

I have made it my mission to focus on the positive around me. I try my best to speak positively and keep focused on that which is good. I tend to acknowledge that which remains unseen ... the way people make me and others around them feel and the difference people make by being exactly who they are.

I don't often think to compliment people on the basis of appearance. Because I truly don't focus on and see their outward appearance once we begin to speak. I listen for and hear what lies beneath the surface. This is what I focus on within myself and those around me. What is on the outside is not as important as what is on the inside.

Yesterday was a very good reminder to focus on those little things 'on the outside' as well. We all walk around with that frail and penetrable outer layer. We all need a little boost from time to time. We have the power to make a small difference in another person's day.

The power of a compliment goes a long way. Go out and make someone's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment