Monday, June 18, 2012

Dear Mom,

I don't have enough time & energy for both a blog post and a letter to you this morning so I am combining the two. Your letter will be my blog post for today. 'The world' is reading this, so I must be private and write in code. After all, I have never forgotten your words of wisdom (slightly paraphrased and passed along from your mom if I remember correctly) - "Be careful what you put in writing ... you never know who could read it one day".

First off, I must explain and apologize for the lack of blog posts that I will be enclosing with this letter. I didn't censor &/or hold anything back ... I simply ran out of words. And energy. I wrote your letter last Monday and that was all I had until Wednesday. Then I wrote an email on Wednesday and I was out of time and words until Thursday. Trust me, there is nothing to read between the lines that weren't written. I just didn't have the imagination to turn 'nothing' into 'something' this week.

Well, Mom! I've finally decided what I want to be when I grow up. A cat. I look at Andre and I want his life. I know it must not be easy for him to find new and improved ways for us to admire and adore him ... but he does it all of the time.

Andre is quite enamored with my Middle Son's girlfriend and I think he is a little bit in love. We aren't sure if he is trying to get her to love him more than she loves her dog (or my Middle Son!) ... but he is sure turning on the charm. I know this is a G-rated letter (and blog), but last week? He literally made his way 'under the covers' and was sleeping with her when my Middle Son came home. Of all the nerve!!

But Andre doesn't want My Youngest to feel left out, so makes his demands to be loved and admired as he literally gets 'in his face'. Yes, he will head butt My Youngest in the face and then start to groom him. He has even perfected the art of licking My Youngest's hand and then he will rub his (Andre's) own face against his freshly washed hand and 'washes' his face with a human hand. It is quite an art.

Oh ... and this sleeping 'sickness' that I have? I am thinking that perhaps it is on the spectrum of 'narcolepsy' ... I would call it 'catolepsy'. I can sleep exactly the way Andre does. I can nod off to sleep at any given moment but my senses are (almost always) on high alert. Even if I am startled awake, I can fall back to sleep within minutes. I can sleep all day (like Andre), and sleep through the night (though I may get up and wander half way through) ... but easily drift off again once I snuggle back into bed. And I am fully functional and alert when I am awake. It's just that when I find a soft couch and a sunbeam ... I can barely resist the allure. So if I start drifting off to sleep when you are talking (as I have been known to do), just remember it is the 'cat' in me. I'm on my way to becoming who I really want to be!

Well??? I put in two, 5 hour shifts at my second job this weekend. I work at my regularly scheduled job today. I have no idea what tomorrow brings ... but if I don't work, I have an opportunity to meet up with a friend. But, ten hours at my second job equals almost the same pay as seven hours at my Monday - Friday job ... so if I was to get called into work at Job #1 tomorrow, I would earn almost as much as I made by working all weekend ... so I would have to say yes. The sad part? My Brother made about the same rate when he was in training at one of his jobs. When will I finally get a real job with real pay and benefits??? Do you see why I want to be a cat ...

I did do one wise thing with the weekend. I prepared part of our supper before I left for work yesterday. Baby potatoes all ready to be thrown on the BBQ; a Japanese salad (the dressing was made and just had to be added before the meal); and marinated chicken in the fridge. I was scheduled to work until 5:00 but that got changed to 6:00 at some point throughout my shift. But I didn't have a chance to get to a phone and let anyone at home know that I would be late. And I was even later than that because I didn't notice the time and it was almost 6:10 by the time I noticed ... then I chatted with the girl that I had been working with and it was getting close to 6:30 when I got home. But ... (and this is a good 'but') the best part of all of this, is when I got home supper was cooked and just being served. I didn't have to do a thing but dish up a plate. I tell you ... it sure beat McDonald's. And that is saying a lot. It was a very good way to wind up the weekend.

Well, our Mother-Daughter outing is a week from today. I'm sure I'll be hearing from you before then to confirm your arrival date. Unfortunately, I cannot get out of working Job #1 on Monday. I don't think. I will do some checking ... (maybe I could switch days???) ...

I don't have much more to add to this letter/blog post unless I start making things up. So I shall wind this up and get ready for my day. I must go to work and get the newsletter out today. One more newsletter until the end of school. I can't wait!

See you soon!!

Love,
Daughter #3 (if only I were a cat ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment