Friday, June 29, 2012

It Looks Like I Made It ...

I have graduated from my first school-year at my new job.

I walked out the door yesterday afternoon with a school-year of 'firsts' under my belt. I have learned a lot. I have a lot yet to learn. I have made mistakes and I have learned from them. There are several things that I would do differently if I was to do it all over again ... but then again, there were lessons to be learned by doing things the way I did. It's all good ...

Ten months of uncertainty has led to two months of summer holidays. Two more months of not quite knowing what the day will bring. It isn't the summer holiday of my youth, but it is a change.

My school-year ended with a phone call from the principal of the school that I have been working at. I was offered a position at their school for the upcoming school year. It is 1.5 days a week ... but it is 1.5 days of knowing where I am going, the people that I am working with and a good idea of the job that I am doing.

It is a start. It is hope. It is symbolic of what lies ahead. It is another new beginning. It is good. I am pleased ... and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment