Monday, July 9, 2012

Something Good is Happening Here ...

I have had more energy the past week than I can remember having for a very long time. What is going right??

It can't be the food, can it? Our supper meals were unmemorable and unremarkable. Clearing out what was in the fridge and foraging come to mind when I try to remember what we ate. I haven't had the time, inclination or energy to snack. Oh, except for the night that I had a cookie and chips for supper ...

It could be getting the proper amount of sleep. I have done precious little napping on the couch this past week. Thus, sleeping during regular sleeping hours only perhaps made the quality of sleep a little better. Maybe less is more for me.

I have been on my feet at work for six consecutive days. At the end of the day, my body has been as tired as my brain. Ever since I went back to school then ventured into my bookkeeping career which segued into secretarial work ... I have been wearing out my brain on a regular basis. My body still had energy to burn, but my worn out brain overruled my body's need to move. Could this be the reason I couldn't seem to stay awake whenever I sat still?

I have had a schedule for the past six days. I have known what to expect. I haven't been jumping every time the phone rang. I haven't been sitting on pins and needles. I know (with a fair amount of certainty) what the next day will bring. Which brings about a calmness that I haven't felt in a very long time.

When calmness within reigns, everything else falls into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment