Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Day Off!

What a beautiful, glorious morning! Not only was I not scheduled to work today ... I was not called in to work at the last moment either! Now that the morning is shifting into afternoon, I think I can relax.

I read a week-old paper ... I wrote a card and letter that I intended to write a week ago .. I found an alternate income source that is one step towards enabling myself to quit 'Job #2' ... I made a few phone calls ... I puttered.

I need unstructured time to rejuvenate myself from time to time. Today is one of those days. Now that I've nurtured myself for a few hours I'm ready to leave the house and take care of a few other things that I have been putting off during this seven-day-in-a-row stretch of work.

Ahhh ... I feel the pressure subsiding. It's amazing what a day off can do for a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment