Thursday, August 30, 2012

So Much to Do and What Am I Doing??

This is a glimpse of what our home feels like at the moment...

 And what have I been doing???
  • I went to see my sister yesterday. I left shortly after 8 a.m. and did not return until 3 p.m.
  • Upon my return home, I delivered flyers
  • After supper, I went to a dance lesson
  • I came home and scoured the Kijiji ads for items that I could use for my daycare
  • Then I slept
Today I woke up and I feel weary. Our cat has a manicure appointment this morning for 'fake nails'. We are going to the vet to have them put 'Soft Paws' on our cat (photos to follow) ...

My Youngest is getting eager to move into his new room ... so I must vacuum the washing soda that I sprinkled all over the carpet when we get home from our cat's appointment (the heat of the dehumidifier running in his room to dry the carpets from our small flood has unearthed an unpleasant odor that I hope the soda will absorb). Then he will be ready for the big move.

I have so many things that I need and want to do. I'm starting to run out of time. I will be getting a phone call about my bookkeeping job (that was postponed from Tuesday & Wednesday). There are two days of work that must be squeezed in some time in the next six days. The playhouse must be emptied, kid proofed and readied for my new daycare family. I will have two sets of flyers to deliver tomorrow. A playroom to get ready upstairs. Then there is the menu planning (aka: groceries!) for the upcoming week.

So much to do. So little time. But wait! I am going to be working from home now!! I will have the ability to putter away at little things throughout the days ahead. Slowly but surely, all will be done.

As I made plans and then drove off to see my sister yesterday when the house was in such chaos, the words, "What was I thinking?!?!?" kept running through my mind.

I'm thinking that maybe a few mixed up priorities is a good thing from time to time. The work will get done. The opportunity to run out and visit my sister comes but once in a blue moon.

Now I must run. My cat has a date with his manicurist ...

No comments:

Post a Comment