Monday, August 27, 2012

Tired ... So Very Tired

I have the ability to drop off to sleep the moment that I stop moving, talking or eating. I have been known to nod off if I am not actively engaged in a conversation. At one job, I took power snoozes sitting at my desk in lieu of a break.

I can sleep on and off all day and still sleep throughout the night. Then I wake up in the morning and could easily go back to sleep a few hours later.

I have the opposite of insomnia. I have friends who I would love to give this gift of 'sleep' to.

Driving on the highway is something that I do with great caution. If I have someone to talk to, it is not an issue. If I am alone (or with My Son who watches movies or plays games instead of visiting with me), it is another story. Unless my mind is actively engaged in something, I must be singing or eating. Otherwise I have a tendency to feel the waves of exhaustion overtake me.

So I loaded up on caffeine before and during our recent trip. McDonald's vanilla iced coffee (for a mere $1.00!!) has been my saviour. It tastes good and it keeps my eyes open. I have had many extra lucid hours of wakefulness thanks to this (relatively) economic, tasty and caffeinated beverage.

My vacation was delayed because I had a last minute opportunity to speak to someone about this issue. I have been 'moving, eating or talking' ever since. I am so exhausted that I could sleep through the entirety of this day ahead of me.

But I have committed myself to a friend today. A friend who is recuperating from a long hospital stay. And what am I thinking?? I wonder if we can have a nap sometime throughout the day ...

The other thing that I am wondering is ... am I going back into the daycare business so that we can have that blessed hour of 'quiet time' in the afternoon?

Oh! To be a child again and have someone tell you to go and have a rest in the middle of the day ... I'm looking forward to my New Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment