Friday, September 21, 2012

Kick Start Friday!

I heard the unmistakable sound of my flyers being dropped off at 5:50 this morning. I had just finished concocting my breakfast smoothie & coffee and was in the process of opening up the blinds when I heard my work arrive.

It was pitch black outside and my heart sunk at the very idea of the onset of these shortened days. Dark in the morning. Dark in the evening. Why did I think it was such a good idea to start delivering flyers anyway?!?

I knew that I should take advantage of the early morning drop off but the darkness did not shed any light on that prospect.

I sat down and consumed my breakfast and slowly made my way towards my second cup of coffee. I happened to glance out at the morning sky and saw just a glimmer of lightness starting to appear behind the clouds.

It was morning ... it was only going to get lighter. Not darker (as it would be if I waited and delivered these flyers after supper).

I abandoned  my coffee on the kitchen counter and was out the door like a shot. I could get a good portion of the job behind me before my kids arrived. The mere thought of that got me moving at lightening speed.

I was speedy. I completed the job before my work day began. What a wonderful way to start the day.

Needless to say, I abandoned my blog to take care of business at hand. A pretty boring little reason, but it sure made my day.

What made your day today??

No comments:

Post a Comment