Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Day of Reflection

I don't seem to have words this morning. I must have used them all up yesterday. It takes a good kind of energy to spend 9 1/2 hours among strangers that feel like friends ...

It was a thought provoking day. A good day. A day to dig deep. A day to share. A day to listen. A day to care ...

I spent the day in a room full of 'friends that I hadn't met yet' and felt the desire to be a part of such a fellowship. A group united in faith, support, friendship and caring. Then I took a step back out into the real world and I knew that my life is already full of everything that was within that room ...

I listened to stories about how people found their faith. The long and winding roads and I could relate. I have found that it is after times of great despair when I have had that 'out of body experience' and heard words of wisdom that did not feel like my own ...

I stepped back out into the real world and carried a piece of the day within me. I cocooned myself in my car and reread the letters that I had received from my children, my siblings, my mom and my friends. I spent the evening among friends. I came home and reread my letters again ...

I talked with My Youngest about religion and faith. I love that he has a questioning mind and does not simply take what he reads or hears at face value. He questions. He wonders. I love that about him. About my children. I believe when you question and utilize your own reasoning powers, you are better equipped to deal with all that life hands you. To follow without question is not the best path ...

Then I ceremoniously placed the mementos of the day in a special spot. When I think back upon the words that my family and friends put down on paper for me to read, what I will remember most of all is that I am becoming all I hope to be. I seem to be the kind of Mom my children want and need. My siblings consider me an equal and giving partner in this thing called 'family'. My friends value what I have to give as much as I cherish all that they reciprocate. And my mom? My mom is happy to call me her daughter ...

I will continue to attain to be all that those who touch my life believe me to be. I am blessed to have people see the best that I have to offer ... because the flip side could also be true if they were to focus on my shortcomings.

No comments:

Post a Comment