Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All is Calm ...

It is one degree above freezing this morning. It is drizzling rain. It is dark. I was leaning on the side of not choosing to deliver flyers this morning when I went to check to see if the flyers had been dropped off yet. They weren't. The choice was taken out of my hands. I couldn't deliver the flyers. I didn't want to deliver the flyers ... <Insert happy dance here>

So here I am. Revelling in the warmth of our home with my second cup of coffee by my side, with happy little thoughts wafting through my mind.

The first item on my Real Life agenda this morning (after reading the blogs that I follow and generally puttering around on the computer for a while) was to check my bank balance. And what should I find ... but a bonus "patronage credit" deposited to my chequing account yesterday. It was a small amount, but it was almost enough to cover the last of the costs incurred to complete Phase I of the new deck my Middle Son constructed for me. Yet another 'pennies from heaven' story to add to my collection ...

Now all I have to do this morning, is to wait for the arrival of my three daycare charges. My newly adopted family ...

Things are going so well in my daycare world! I simply could not be happier with the children in my care and the families that I babysit for ...

My newest 'family member' had a bit of a tough time with her transition to full-time care last week. It wasn't an awful week. It just took a different kind of energy. I wasn't frustrated. I was simply resigned to the fact that each child is different and I thought to myself "just give it a month". This was all new to her. Not to mention that her mom was out of town for training her very first week back to work. This poor little girl had a lot of changes thrown at her all at once.

Yesterday?? She cried a few tears when her dad dropped her off, then the rest of 'the family' arrived and she was off and running. It was if she had time to process the entire situation over the weekend and come to terms with her new weekday schedule. She toddled around here as if she had been coming here her whole life. She was happy, content and even started to fall asleep on the floor with our doll's blanket snuggled up beneath her before it was time for her morning nap. This was something that I never could have imagined happening last week ...

It was simply a great day.

I am revelling in my new/old life. I get to sit on the floor and see life through the eyes of one and two year olds. I am enjoying my new family. I am not so over-run with kids, various schedules and changes that my limits are being pushed. We have a calm and regular life-at-home. I can feel it in the kids. Even my energetic newest little addition has adopted this laid back way of living a day.

The energy within our home feels different these days. I am enjoying it. I feel my daycare family is adopting it. There is a sense of everything-is-okay here. All is calm. All is bright.

I am so glad that life brought me back to where I have always wanted to be ....

No comments:

Post a Comment