Friday, October 26, 2012

Committed

I woke up to the knowledge that my weekend is (almost) fully committed. It is amazing how that fact motivated me out of my usual state of idleness this morning.

My flyers were all delivered by 7:15 a.m. No procrastination. No dilly dallying. No excuses. They are done! I will have more papers to deliver after supper tonight. Then that commitment will be fulfilled for the week.

Tomorrow I will be attending a full day retreat. A 'Women's Encounter' ... I don't know exactly what to expect. I suspect each one of these events is different from the other and impossible to predict, due to the varying personalities of those in attendance. But I have a feeling that it is something that I need right now. I look forward to the day.

Tomorrow evening, I have plans to meet up with a friend right after this Women's Encounter. She is the person who invited me to this group, so I am sure we will have an interesting conversation after the day.

Sunday, I must go out to work at my bookkeeping job. I supposedly started working at this job the beginning of September. I was told that I would be putting in approximately ten hours per week. So far, for all of September and October (to date), I have worked four hours. I hope that once we get up and running, the hours will come ...

Even though the weekend is committed, I have my quiet time each morning, I will sleep in my own bed each night and I will be grounded by 'all that is calm' in and around our home right now. 

I am ready for this weekend ...

No comments:

Post a Comment