Monday, October 15, 2012

Thank Goodness it's Monday!

I thought I would do something 'novel' with my Sunday ... so I opened up a book and read. All day. Sort of.

I haven't read a book in ages. Reading puts me to sleep. So I thought that I would try first thing in the morning when I was well rested.

It sort of worked. Except that I seem to have the attention span of a gnat. "Oh! I need more coffee ..." "I should check my email..." "I'm exhausted ... am I reading? or dozing off?" "I need to eat something ..." "I need to eat something else ..."

When I finally stopped bouncing off and on the couch for one of a million reasons, I got tired. I did this all day. I read all day ... and I am on page 222.

There used to be a time when I could read a book in a day. Maybe this one just didn't grab my attention? It isn't a bad book. It wasn't really a page turner either.

Reading used to entertain, amuse and inspire me. Reading used to transport me out of my real life and I could lose myself in a fictional world. What is different?

My inability to stay awake is a big deterrent to sitting still with a book. My habit of grabbing something to eat so that I can stay awake is growing old.

All I can say this morning is a diet of Pringles, interspersed with Nanaimo bars for the duration of a day does not make for a happy stomach. Or brain. I need to nourish myself with good food and good living!

Thankfully my responsibilities today will pull me out of the state that I was in yesterday. Thank goodness it's Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment