Friday, October 5, 2012

The Gift of Choice

6:36 a.m. - I could (and probably should) be out delivering flyers at the moment ... but I don't have to be out there this morning! So I may or may not go out and start that job. My uncommitted weekend  has given me the gift of that choice.

I wrote that sentence and minutes later, I was out the door delivering those flyers. Funny what a difference it makes to choose to do something. I kept telling myself the past few weeks, that I would have chose to do those flyers in the early morning hours. But that feeling of doing it out of necessity made the very same task feel onerous.

I have a skip in my step this morning as I anticipate this upcoming long weekend of doing nothing out of necessity.

I feel almost weightless as I step towards the weekend. I mindlessly started writing a list of want-to-do tasks.

I hope to relax my body, mind and soul this weekend. I am so tempted to 'unplug' from all contact with the world and just retreat within our life at home. I don't want to be pulled out of this place I am at right now. Unless it is by choice ...

No comments:

Post a Comment