Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fresh Snow and Life's Little Bonuses

I woke up to the sound of vehicle doors slamming this morning. It was just after 5:30 a.m. ... and it was the sound of my flyers being dropped off. I could start and finish delivering flyers before my kids arrived this morning. Yay!!

There was a nice little snowfall last night. Not enough to make walking cumbersome, but enough to cover the ground and I was the one of the first people to walk down many of the city streets. The only person that preceded me was the person that delivered the daily newspapers.

Ahhh ... there is nothing quite like it. Walking down a city street, blazing your own quiet little trail ... with evidence that one person had preceded you. You are not alone in the early morning world.

As I finished up my route, I was quietly amazed at the people that had already shovelled their walks. There weren't many. A few were starting to come out to face the task as the morning progressed and I thought rather highly of the early birds that beat the foot traffic that was soon to come.

I delivered the flyers to my neighbor across the street. She works as a caretaker for the school system and her work day starts before most people's alarm clocks have gone off. And her walks were shovelled. What a hard and conscience worker. I was impressed.

Then I crossed the street and walked up to my own freshly shovelled walks & driveway. My heart swelled with joy as I thought that I have my very own conscientious worker under my roof. He has taken it upon himself to take care of all of the outdoor maintenance. It is a real treat to know that he's got my back (and our walks & lawn too).

Anybody (?) can shovel a walk. But it is a little bonus when the job is done before most people get out of bed in the morning.

I'm grateful for my clean driveway at the best of times. I'm extra pleased when it is done before my work day begins.

Thank you, my snow angel.

P.S. Also a great big 'thank you' to the person that dropped off my flyers bright and early this morning. It feels absolutely wonderful to complete that job before most people have a chance to shovel their sidewalks in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment