Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Life is a 'Walk in the Park'

I have more things-to-do and places-to-be today. Sigh ...

The good thing is that this means that I am employed. A minimum of ten hours a day, five days a week. A few mornings &/or evenings. Work is trickling into my weekends and this is good. Right?

A bookkeeping job (that I was approached about doing in the fall) seems to be coming to life again. I was skeptical as to how this would work out and I am glad that I wasn't relying on this income. Because it hasn't been there. In fact, I was prepaid for my first month's wages and I still have 26 hours to work off until that pay cheque is 'paid-in-full'.

I have to deliver papers before I do anything else. I have committed myself to five hours of bookkeeping work at my employer's home this afternoon. I will be bringing work home with me at the day's end. There are groceries be bought before I come home tonight.

Today will be a working Saturday.

No matter what way I look at things, this is so much better than where I've been. Yes, I have about four different income sources. Each of them fully independent and diverse from the other. Three of those incomes are derived within very loose boundaries. I am in control of when and how things get done.

Compared to the one, part-time job that I had last summer where I felt the work, the hours, the commitment and most everything about it was completely out of my hands ... this is a walk in the park. And I could quite literally work in a 'walk in the park' today. If I so chose.

As much as I love to look at my calendar and see it free of commitments, I know that days like the one that I am about to embark upon ... are exactly the kind of days that I need.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Being employable and employed
  • The freedom that I have within today's boundaries to do all that I must do, in a time and manner that works for me
  • Working for employers that are easy to work for, where I am treated with respect and kindness
  • Even though I must work today, it feels like a weekend. Having my Monday - Friday responsibilities behind me feels pretty wonderful. Weekend work is ... different
  • The peace within our home. I work out of my home and there is no where else in the world that I would rather be. When I must leave this oasis of comfort, peace and joy ... I anticipate my return. Home is where I most want to be. And I am grateful for that. I am so grateful for that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment