Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Too Much Winter

Note to my sister vacationing in Yuma for the next month - "This blog is for you!"

It is true. Every day we wake up to, is one day closer to spring.

It is February 5th. We are very close to having logged the first week of February. February is a short month. Three days shorter than most. As my mom would say "Time goes quickly. Spring is right around the corner!"

Does this scene have a look of "Spring is right around the corner?!"
We have mountains of snow outside. If I were to toss the kids that I babysit into our front yard, I would quite literally lose them. My Youngest has no memory of snow banks ever being this big. Granted, in the 'old days' (when he was little), the snow in the front yard was packed down from all of the kids that played in that snow.

'Frosty', our smaller snowman has been buried for weeks. Only the head of the 'Dad Snowman' peeks out from above the snow these days.
Winter can be such an adventure. When there is enough snow to play in ... and temperatures are moderate enough that you can brave the weather without running the risk of freezing exposed body parts. And when you are tall (old) enough to dress up for the weather and explore all that the season has to offer.

Could you find a child in this snowbank if they were airlifted and dropped in?
This winter has not felt like that. I've been cooped up in the house with 1 & 2 year-olds for three months. I have had quite enough of this season. But yesterday?? Our temperatures soared to -5 degrees Celsius. It was almost melting!

Yes Mom, you are right. Spring will be here before we know it. And it won't be a moment too soon ...

Winter! Winter! Go away!! Come again another day!                                    

P.S. to my sister, "By the time you get back ... I do hope that things are looking a lot more like spring around here. But of course you know without me saying - it could get worse before it gets better."

No comments:

Post a Comment