Thursday, March 28, 2013

Is It Just Me ...

Okay. I will admit it. I am feeling highly doubtful of my capabilities at the moment.

Life is handing me a handful of valuable lessons, but the timing is unfortunate. Either I have become extremely incompetent and self-absorbed overnight ... or perhaps there is something hormonal at play and things simply feel a little bit magnified. I am doing my best to simply add a little 'zen' to my thoughts and talk myself down from the minor incidents that have shaken my sense-of-self.

But honestly ... even our cat (Andre)  is shunning my ability to feed him.

My cooking skills are basic at the best of times. I have a few tried and true meal plans that are palatable and pleasing to the majority of our household. But they get old. Fast. I recycle and reuse our menu of family favorites, but I am really liking take-out a lot lately.

Then there is my daycare menu. They are a little bit of a fickle crowd. They tend to favor what-they-know verses trying-new-things. So once again, our meal plans are feeling repetitive and they are getting some bad reviews as the kids shun what they liked two weeks ago. I'm starting to pull my hair out just a little bit. This is getting too old too fast. What am I to do as the months go on??

But honestly. Andre's recent distaste for the canned cat food that he has been gobbling up? I am beginning to feel pretty insulted. How dare our cat become as fussy as the rest of those I am trying to feed.

My heart is breaking just a tiny bit. One iota of it is because I am feeling shunned by our cat. But the bigger picture is ... why does he not want to eat very much of his favorite food? He is a senior cat and health issues could be at play. He is a vital part of our family unit and my heart aches at the mere idea that he will not live forever.

Yes. I am worried. But it is easier to feel hurt. So ... I am adding our cat's distaste for my culinary abilities to my list of things-gone-awry this week.

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty ... come on, Andre ... please, please, please come and eat. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment