Monday, March 4, 2013

TGIM

I have been busy lately. But it has been good. There has been balance. Things were getting done. I just kept moving and had time to catch my breath and simply breathe along the way.

I don't know if I over thought this weekend. Or if things fell horribly out of balance. Or if it is just all catching up with me now...

But this weekend? Not a favorite.

Thankfully, I moved off of the couch Friday night and worked in a few small errands. But possibly that was my downfall ... because that meant that I (almost) didn't even need to bother to wake up on Sunday.

Saturday was fully 'committed' from the moment I opened my eyes in the morning until I closed them at night. It wasn't all work. But fun becomes work-like when you squeeze it into a day like that.

Sunday? Was a free day. I slept in. I went out for breakfast. I came home and slept. Then woke up and nodded off some more. Then ran out to get a few groceries (which ended up taking far, far, far longer than it should have) and came home (at 8 p.m.!!) to a home-cooked supper that was ready and waiting for me.

I should have been in my glory. But I wasn't. The day was completely and totally out of kilter.

I needed conversation. I needed to be around people. But I was empty. I had nothing in me to give. Mom called and I couldn't keep up my half of the conversation. I went out for breakfast with My Son & His Girlfriend and I had to try too hard. I wasn't myself. I had no words for emails or blogs or anything creative. I forced a few words out of myself but I literally had to rest afterwards.

The month of March is blissfully empty of commitments at the moment. I have a tentative coffee date and movie night and another when-we-can-make-it-work plan to get together with another friend. But nothing is written on my calendar.

It is the weekends that are the wild card. I don't know what they hold. Will I be booked to clean? Or do bookkeeping? Or neither? Or both? I don't know ...

When it comes to work, I like to know. When it comes to leisure, I like to play it by ear and write it down on my calendar after the fact.

I am tired. I am so very tired. And all I can say is ... I am glad it is Monday.

I hope you woke up to a day that you are grateful for today. If you didn't feel anticipation for the day at dawn, I hope you can look back on the day after it is spent and be happy with the way it unfolded.

"It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out; it's the grain of sand in your shoe."
~ Robert W. Service

P.S. I think I had better check my shoes for that grain of sand ...

No comments:

Post a Comment