Monday, April 29, 2013

I Love Mondays

Monday brings me back 'home again'. Back to the life that I long to live. I may have three small children to keep me company (and perhaps bring a dose of reality into my days), but this morning I am of a mind where I think we should just bring out all of the toys and create a little fun (aka: havoc) into the morning.

This week, though my weekdays are fully committed to my daycare charges my weekday evenings are (relatively) without commitment. I delivered my last flyer Friday night at approximately 7:38 p.m.

The weekend was one of perpetual motion thereafter.

I think that I overspent my word quota. By the time I came home from my bookkeeping job last night I was completely and totally spent.

I walked in the door and supper was on the table. My entire family was home to enjoy the meal. Not only did my Middle Son work on our deck all weekend, he cooked and invited his Older Brother over to join us last night. And I was too depleted to enjoy it ...

I didn't even have the vocabulary to say the words, "You guys talk ... I'll just listen". I was empty. I sat with words on my tongue but they were not spoken because I didn't have the energy to put them into a sentence.

All I could think was, how much do I have to do before I get to get ready for bed??

All that had to be done was done by 8:10 p.m. and I was on the couch staring mindlessly at the TV milliseconds thereafter. I think I was asleep before 8:30 (as soon as I stop channel surfing, I often fall asleep).

My brain was turned off and all I could think was, I'm so glad it is Monday tomorrow.

The flyers are gone from my life. My back, my neck, my shoulders and my thumbs are so happy. My bookkeeping boss happily declared that she will get me out to work every weekend now. I should have been jumping for joy. The income that I lose from not delivering flyers will be more than compensated for, by the extra bookkeeping hours. This could not have worked out better.

But ... every weekend? I have slept on the idea and it still doesn't sound too good. I am rather elated at the trust that has been bestowed upon me, to do a job that requires a part of my brain that is not utilized throughout the week. But ... every weekend?

Money is not everything. Waking up on a Monday morning to a day that I am so glad to have is worth its weight in gold. A day of working from home, doing mindless things, going for walks with my little people and marvelling at the wonders of birds in the sky and bugs on the ground is exactly what I am ready to do today.

I'm glad it's Monday. I don't have the energy for another weekend quite yet...

Things are coming along. Soon the backyard will be the haven that I have missed for so long ...

No comments:

Post a Comment