Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Energy Left Over at the End of the Day

I don't know if it was because I had such an easy day ... or if it was the two glasses of McDonald's vanilla iced coffee ... or being able to be outside cleaning the yard ... or what the exact reason was ... but I had energy left over at the end of the day yesterday and it was a new and amazing concept.

I only had one daycare child to tend yesterday. So we turned the day into an adventure. We hopped on the bus and went to WalMart. Followed by lunch at McDonald's (my first iced coffee of the day). With a trip to Dollarama for 'dessert'. The bus ride home was the icing on the cake. When we got home my little guy slept. And slept. And slept.

While I waited for him to wake up, I started raking up the back yard. Then my son came home and helped me. The back yard is getting so close to being kid-ready. So very close ... this simply makes me smile. Inside and out. We are 'taking back' the back yard. And it is good.

After my daycare day was done, I finished up what I had set out to do outside. Then came inside and vacuumed. We ate a home-cooked meal (it was a mish mash of leftovers but they all came from home). Then My Youngest and I were off to his dentist appointment.

I brought a book along with me and read while I waited for him. It was a book that made me smile. A book that made me feel good. A book that made me think. It was "Carry on Warrior" by Glennon Doyle Melton. I have mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. It is a book that I would like to have a dozen copies of, so that I could pass them out to friends and family ...

We drove by a McDonald's and the allure of their $1.00 iced coffee (or any soft drink beverage) was calling my name. We picked up a drink of choice (I chose iced coffee) then we returned to the Dollarama (I found kid's lawn chairs that were too big and bulky to buy and bring home on the bus), then we went through a drive-thru car wash. We drank our drinks as the machinery washed up the car for me.

It was a productive day. We were outside. Alot. We are making so many forward steps towards getting back out in the back yard.

Fresh air and the wide open sky bring such a welcoming sense of new life and wonder into a regular day. Knowing that I am 'taking back the back yard' is joined by the wonder of 'taking back my week nights'. My flyer delivery days are over. My week nights are mine, to do with as I please. The snow is melting. The sun is shining. And we are taking advantage of every opportunity to be outside.

It is so invigorating to have energy left over at the end of a day. It has been a while since I felt this way. It is good to be back.

** I am also very, very pleased that McDonald's $1.00 drinks have returned - vanilla iced coffee and me feel like long, lost friends. I am so glad you are back, my friend! **

No comments:

Post a Comment