Friday, May 17, 2013

Not Enough Time

I jump out of bed at 5:30 a.m. every morning and race through my morning routines to find my way to the computer with my breakfast smoothie and coffee so that I can catch up on the blogs that I follow and utilize the remainder of my time letting my own words fall out of my fingertips.

I have two hours to accomplish this minor task. And it is not enough time.

If I do not reply to an email as soon as I read it, I tend to forget to reply at all (or until days later, when I am checking all of the emails in my inbox that are still sitting there because they need to be tended to). Replying to an email cuts into my precious morning time. But if I don't do it then ... it doesn't get done.

I endeavor to keep my daycare blog updated on a daily (regular) basis. But if I update that, I run out of time to write here (as you can see by the lack of posts the past few days ... my daycare blog is up-to-date).

I use the remainder of my time to write here. It is not enough. It is never enough.

I used to utilize my weekends to 'write like the wind'. But my weekends have become consumed with other things. Important things. Things that I want to do. But my fingers are not getting their workout on the computer keyboard. My mind can quickly become cluttered with things-that-I-want-to-write about. But if I don't write about things as I am feeling them, they loose their lustre and are soon tabled and forgotten.

One would think that I could utilize my evenings better. Perhaps one would be right to assume that. But I seem to have developed a word quota in my days. By the time evening rolls around, I am running low on words (anyone who has talked to me in the evening would not agree, but the ability to translate thoughts onto the page after supper has become daunting).

I don't have the answers. I really don't have the time to care about the solutions. In fact? I am a little bit grateful for this dilemma. It means that my life is full and complete. I don't have to write my way through a problem to find my answers. Writing is therapeutic for me. I haven't needed quite as much therapy...

I am racing through this morning and I have said very little. I hope that I can revisit the thoughts that consumed me Wednesday morning and write a post that is more substancial than this one.

I am living a life where there are not quite enough hours in the day to accomplish all that I want to do. It is a very good place to be. I will write more about that. Someday. When I have enough time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment