Wednesday, June 5, 2013

This 'Motivation Thing' ... is Exhausting!

Okay, okay. I know it has been a while since I've actually felt excited about cleaning and organizing. But honestly! This could wear a girl out!!

Yesterday, I started trying to 'clean' the sand in our 10.5 X 15 ft sandbox. There is a lot of sand in there. A lot!!

Our neighbor's fir tree has been shedding pine needles and pine cones into our sandbox without human intervention for three years (while I took my hiatus from babysitting). It has been busy. So ... I have taken one of those sandbox 'sifting toys' and a toy shovel and I have been sifting sand when I haven't been digging up dandelions.

I was attempting to show the kids how much more comfortable it is to play in the shade. So I 'played' in the shade (sifting sand) to set a good example.

In fact, I 'played' in the sandbox for a few extra hours after the kids left last night. It was intoxicating to see myself make some progress in this never-ending job. I actually felt excited about cleaning sand!

I haven't gotten this dirty and sweaty on such a regular basis in a very, very long time. I guess this was long overdue. But it is just a tad wearing on a person. Especially when you can't sleep at night. Perhaps breathing in excessive dirt and sand is not the best thing to do when you are fighting a cough??

The other downfall about cleaning is that it makes for boring writing. I'll try to clean a little less today and reflect a little more. Maybe it will bring some depth into tomorrow morning's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment