Thursday, July 4, 2013

Scattered Thoughts

Blah. That is it. That is how I feel this morning ...

Papers are piling up around me. Little notes of things-that-are-pending in my world. Lists of known and unknown expenses ahead. Another list of pending income sources that have been delayed. Little things that I would like to do. Upcoming holidays. Notes-to-self are fluttering around in my head.

Money. I must sit down and have a talk with myself. I have been overspending. This must stop ...

I must start earning more. Or spending less. Or both. And perhaps win a small lottery. Stop that! A lottery is not the answer. I know that. I must take the reins and control the income and the outgo around here.

My thoughts are as scattered as the notes I have in front of me.

I have been reading words that are inspirational. Yet I have not been able to fully absorb what I am reading and turn the information into action in my own world. In fact, I feel less-than-I-am because I am seeing who-I-should-be and I am not living up to my own potential.

I am disappointed in myself.

Perhaps the busy-ness of the past month is catching up with me. I see one day in my future which is (as of this moment) a completely empty box on the calendar. I want to write the word "ME!" on that date and keep it clear of all commitments.

I am craving a day to call my own. A day of solitude ... a day to nourish my soul.

"I lived in solitude in the country and noticed how the monotony of quiet life stimulates the creative mind." ~ Albert Einstein

"If we fail to nourish our souls, they wither, and without soul, life ceases to have meaning.... The creative process shrivels in the absence of continual dialogue with the soul. And creativity is what makes life worth living." ~ Marion Woodman

No comments:

Post a Comment