Monday, July 22, 2013

Vacation Photos

I have emerged from my Hotel Oasis to bring to you some photos from my first vacation day:

Room Service included lightly scented cinnamon aroma therapy, fruit, coffee and a book entitled "Press Pause" (which ironically, I could not sit still and pause to read more than a few captions at a time)
Reading material to stimulate my mind and try to reroute my outlook and perspective before my day officially began.
At 7:30 a.m., I closed the door and the day was my own
At 7:30 p.m., there was some light tapping on the door with a query that only I could answer... "Do you know where the package of Werther's candy went?"

Suddenly my day of solitude was shattered. Do you see one black kitty in one corner; another one that looks like a black shadow sneaking in the door? Oh, and can you spot the gold bag of Werther's candy clutched in My Son's hand?

It was slow going today. I had to go backwards before I could go forward. That is why this project has been abandoned for so long. When I can't gain and maintain a good momentum, I waste hours trying to figure out where I last left off.

The good part about forgetting where I left off, is that these memories sound even better the second and third (forth? fifth??) time around. I keep forgetting that I don't have a memory any more. So it is like a first time read-through for me. My relatives  have done a very good job of supplying  me with some good stories to share with the family.

Thirty four pages down ... I have no idea how many more to go. All I know is that I am moving in a forward direction. And I'm not going to stop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment