Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hair SOS

I made every attempt to avoid this. I took preventative measures. I tried. I thought I could do it. But I did not succeed.

Welcome to my summer holiday 'hair-rescue-while-on-vacation-2013'.

My hair cut and color disaster of one week and one day ago did not improve with time. Or washing. Or sleeping on it. Or rewashing it. It was bad.

The hair that I had quietly considered trying to grow out (one week and two days ago), is short. Ultra short. I will like it in about two to three weeks. I can feel it.

But once again, I wasted precious holiday time and money on my hair. This was not the plan. I tried to save on the hair budget by getting my hair cut and colored by a student at a hair school. This experiment is not best suited to someone with my personality type.

I'm certain that the hair school would have made every attempt to fix a bad hair cut. In fact, I would imagine that they would almost welcome it. Welcome to the Real World. This is the most true-to-life experience that they could hope for. But I couldn't do it.

I didn't want to hurt the feelings of the student cutting my hair. I was running low on patience and time after spending three hours in their styling chair. I was not brave enough to pursue it any further. I walked out with a feeling of impending doom. Here we go again. Another cycle of bad hair cuts, here I come.

I really and truly wanted to brave my way through this hair cut and make it work. But I was looking at those who wear saris and head covering with great awe. I wanted to adopt a new culture so I could wear veils throughout this bad-hair phase.

I did not have time to convert my heritage and religious beliefs, so I forged onward.

If it was a world without mirrors, maybe I could have succeeded. If I didn't have to leave the house for six to eight weeks, I would have endured.

Call me vain. Color me cowardly. Say what you must. But I had to do it.

I have just returned from my Annual Holiday Haircut. I may as well simply plan for this. Allow myself extra time and money and just call the Annual Hair Event part of my summer holiday.

It still isn't pretty. But it will be. I can feel it.

Now to go and avert the next crisis that is headed my way. If this is the worst of my troubles, I am very lucky indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment