Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Home Again! Home Again!!

Be it ever so humble ... I am so glad to be back!

It was a nice, gentle return to earth (at least so far it has been). Before we left home, I had done as much as I possibly could have done to prepare for the return to reality.

Unpacking was easy. One load of laundry was all it took to get caught up. I needed to run out and get a few groceries. I had one phone call to return. Just one!!

The cat hair had been flying in our absence so I had to vacuum up 'a cat' and do a small amount of housekeeping.

I finished cleaning the cat litter and the dryer went off just as that job was done. A millisecond later the power went out. For two hours.

The timing was impeccable.

I folded laundry by the remaining light of day. I got ready for bed. My Son showered (with our own soap and shampoo) and crawled into freshly clean clothes.

Then we sat down in the middle of the living room and enjoyed Our Cats.

I think that we may have missed them more than they missed us. But I could be wrong. You never quite know with a cat.

Junior Cat accidentally purred out loud when I greeted him with a good head and ear massage. Senior Cat curled up in my arms and purred with little prodding. But that was within moments of walking in the door. Three hours later? It was as if we had never been gone.

But it felt good to us.

To be back home. Life back in order and ready to go. And all nestled in with our little furry friends. It just doesn't get any better than that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment