Monday, September 30, 2013

Facing Fears

I need to push myself to do more 'hard things'.

I didn't enjoy the discomfort of attending my high school reunion last weekend but I did put myself back into a situation that I didn't handle well the first time around and I did better with 35 years of life experience behind me.

My memories of that evening will not be about catching up with old friends, but I did make a friend out of the fear factor that ruled my life back in my high school years. It was empowering.

I came home and the words poured out of my fingertips. I had overcome a fear and I felt very brave in the wake of a harrowing experience.

I haven't had much to write about since then. I think that it is time to go and face some more fears.

I must let my 15-year-old son behind the wheel of the car and guide him into a comfort level that will allow him to (eventually) earn his driver's license.

Yes My Son, I must face my fears. Let's go driving tonight!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment