Saturday, November 9, 2013

It Feels Like a 'Cat Day'

Ahhhh ... it has been a glorious morning. I woke with my alarm (yes, it is still set for 5:00 a.m.) and I've been revelling in the quiet.

The house is just now starting to stir and I am tucked away in my 'far off' corner in the house. The door is ajar so the cats can come and go as they please and I hear activity in the distance. But I feel so quiet inside.

I just took a station break from this post and invited some friends over for supper. Details are pending but I think that there is a good chance that this could be a 'go'. They are friends that fill me up. Friends that replenish my soul. I believe it is a friendship where this feeling is reciprocal. It is worth pulling myself out of a 'cat day' for such an uplifting visit.

I have simply gone through the paces of my morning. Very slowly. Very quietly. Soaking up the moments. No matter where the day goes from here, I have had 'my morning'. I haven't had a morning like this in so long ...

A morning where I don't have to run out the door. A morning where my 'work' is waiting for me on my doorstep. A morning where I don't have to be any place, do anything or be anyone to anybody. It is simply a morning where I am accountable only to myself.

One tends to take moments like this for granted, when they happen on a regular basis. I have wasted many a day, simply spinning my wheels and doing nothing of importance or value on such a day. But is that time really wasted? Or is that time of dormancy a time when seeds are planted that will grow another day ...

I tend to believe that moments such as these are a requirement in healthy living. A time to recharge your energy supply is vital. In the hecticness of today's world there seems to be less and less recharging. And more and more running until you are on empty.

Take time to replenish your internal reserves when the opportunity arises. A little bit every day goes a long way. But every now and then? Take a lesson from a cat. Laze in a sunbeam, rest, relax and stretch. Doze in and out of consciousness, do what nurtures your soul and see how you feel at the end of it all.

I'm starting out the day with a purr. By the day's end? I just may "Roar" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment