Thursday, December 26, 2013

It All Matters

I cannot help but remember the small, insignificant things that led me to 'exactly where I was meant to be' yesterday ...

I remember one phone call that quite possibly changed my destiny.
Saying "yes" opened a door that will never be closed.
Making a friend that felt like family gave me the courage to do the next right thing.
Using that courage, I became an active member of the family that I have always belonged to.
Taking a chance, I asked one person "What do you think of this idea ...?"
Jumping into that project that has opened more doors than I could ever imagine.
Making memories, while collecting memories.
Getting to know my family, like my friends ...

All of this grew together and gave me the courage to 'just show up'. By showing up, I have learned ...

If you feel like you should call someone, don't talk yourself out of it. Just CALL.
If you feel like you should be there, just GO.
If your heart is telling you to do something, follow where it takes you.

Sometimes, all you need to 'be' ... is there.

Listen with your heart.
Reach out and touch someone. A hand. A shoulder. A hug.
Speak in whatever language they are speaking. Sometimes silence is golden.
Through laughter and tears, let yourself feel your way through the moment.

When you feel that whisper in your consciousness telling you to reach out to your world and extend yourself ... follow your own lead. You will never be sorry that you did.

Every small deed matters. It may seem insignificant at the time but it all comes together and puts you in a place where you are most meant to be.

"Do not take lightly small good deeds, believing they can hardly help.  For drops of water, one by one, in time can fill a giant pot." ~ Patrul Rinpoche

In loving memory of my uncle, who lived a good, long, full life. Surrounded by his family who held his hand, held him up and followed his lead ... who were all with him when he took his last breath yesterday afternoon. It has been an honor and a blessing to know you. I will never forget ...

No comments:

Post a Comment