Saturday, May 10, 2014

An Empty Agenda

Blue sky + a day off + an empty agenda + a quiet house = Pure Joy

I woke up this morning with the knowledge that this day is completely and totally free from any and all obligations.

Then I peered out of my bedroom window to find a bright (the sun was shining) and shiny (blue sky) new day greet me with enthusiasm.

I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. What to do first?!? Read? Write? Relax? Work on a chapter of my Book Project? Watch TV?

The options were endless. There was a quiet omission of reaching out of our home and inviting anything more into my world at this particular moment in time.

I feel like my outreach quota has been met and almost exceeded. It is time to replenish my resources and that is exactly what I am going to do.

I started reading a book this morning. I wanted to mark my spot in a few places and I knew that I have an excess of bookmarks around here. Somewhere. I know this. I just didn't feel like searching too hard. But in the one drawer that I did open, I found a gratitude journal that I wrote in, in 1997. It is interesting to go back in time and find your old self there waiting for you. I like the me-that-I-am-today better than that younger version of myself.

I will write about that one day ...

Then I went back to my book. I am reading the back-story of a blog author that I have followed for many years. It is interesting reading his life and the poignant omens of what-was-to-come before 'life' happened and changed his destiny.

Looking backwards, do all of us do and say things that make it seem like we knew out time here on earth comes with an expiry date? I found such comments within my own journalling from 1997. And here I am. Still here.

Yet others are not.

I cannot stop thinking of the two 17 year olds that died in a fatal car accident this past week. I simply cannot fathom the thought of one of my children never 'coming home' again. I can't even begin to think of how I would react. Complete and utter shock and denial is all that I can imagine.

It is simply not going to happen. I shall not dwell on it. But I feel for the family and friends of those young people.

My thoughts are getting deep as I sit here in my quiet place.

I won't sit still too terribly long. The windows are begging to be cleaned. I was just invited out for supper tonight. The world is seeping into my quiet day.

Maybe I will close the blinds after all. I wanted to savor this for just a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment